Tin Man, MHP and Stripe were the big winners at last night’s CIPR Excellence Awards, with Tin Man claiming the biggest haul with three trophies. Hotwire was named Large Consultancy of the year.
Tin Man scooped up Best Event for its Sweet Success: Creating a Sunday Times Bestseller campaign, as well as Best Use of Media Relations and Consumer Relations Campaign for its Pulling Power: Giving Advanced Driving Courses Sex Appeal campaign for the Institute of Advanced Motorists.
MHP, with Engine, picked up the Integrated Campaign award for its ‘Missing Type’ campaign for NHS Blood and Transplant to generate new blood donor registrations. The agency also won the Public Affairs Campaign award for its Drop the Duty work, a campaign to cut alcohol tax.
Stripe Communications was named Outstanding Mid-Sized Public Relations Consultancy, and its senior account manager, Shaun Bell was also named Outstanding Young Communicator.
Hotwire won Large Consultancy of the year, while Holistic was named Outstanding Small Public Relations Consultancy of the year.
Other notable mentions include Direct Line which was crowned winner of the Outstanding In-House PR Team, Teamspirit PR for winning Global Public Relations Campaign for its work with Henderson Global Investors, and Mischief PR for Best Use of Digital with the National Trust.
Pitch won Best Arts, Culture or Sport Campaign for its Switching Saddles campaign for Betfair, and Taylor Herring picked up the best Automotive Campaign award for its work with Kwik Fit.
Nicola Green, head of PR and comms for O2, and winner of the 2015 Suzy Spirit Award, was named CIPR IoD Public Relations Director of the Year.
The Excellence Awards 2016 united around 700 professionals from over 120 PR consultancies and in-house teams at Old Billingsgate in London last night. Entrants fought across 29 categories and faced panel interviews with over 85 esteemed judges, to be recognised as CIPR Excellence Award winners.
Below is the full list of winners:
• Corporate and Business Communications Campaign: CYBG, Introducing the UK’s largest Challenger Bank
• Internal Communications Campaign: Northumbrian Water Group, Introducing Nature Watch
• Consumer Relations Campaign: Tin Man, Pulling Power: Giving Advanced Driving Courses Sex Appeal
• Public Sector Campaign: The NHS Sussex and Spirit, #notQUITEanemergency
• Corporate Social Responsibility Campaign: Ketchum and P&G, Actions speak louder than words
• Public Affairs Campaign: MHP Communications, Drop the Duty: a campaign to cut alcohol tax
• Not-for-Profit Campaign: WaterAid, #ifmenhadperiods
• Healthcare Campaign: Alder Hey Children’s NHS Foundation Trust, Alder Hey in the Park: The Future of Children’s Healthcare
• Integrated Campaign: MHP Communications/Engine for NHS Blood and Transplant, Missing Type
• Global Public Relations Campaign: Teamspirit Public Relations, Henderson Global Investors – Henderson Global Dividend Index
• Issues or Crisis Management: Battersea Dogs & Cats Home, Dangerous dogs
• Automotive Campaign: Taylor Herring, Fit Kwik
• Low Budget Campaign: Kelso Consulting, Black Friday website crashes
• STEM Campaign: Brands2Life, Outlining the future of government digital services for EMC
• Arts, Culture or Sport Campaign: Pitch, Betfair – Switching Saddles
• Education Communications Campaign: University of Derby, Guide to Expertise: connecting the media with academic expertise
• Best Use of Media Relations: Tin Man, Pulling Power: Giving Advanced Driving Courses Sex Appeal
• Best Use of Digital: Mischief PR and The National Trust, Creating the Nation’s Ode to the Coast
• Best Use of Social Media: University of Glasgow, Social media promotion of the discovery of Gravitational Waves
• Best External Publication: VisitScotland, Set in Scotland – A Film Fan’s Odyssey
• Best Internal Publication: beetroot, Outside In for Royal Bank of Scotland
• Best Event: Tin Man, Sweet Success: Creating a Sunday Times Bestseller
• Outstanding Young Communicator: Shaun Bell MCIPR, Stripe Communications
• Outstanding Independent Practitioner: Hilary Berg Found.Chart.PR, MCIPR, Hilary Berg Consulting
• CIPR IoD Public Relations Director of the Year: Nicola Green MCIPR, O2
• Outstanding In-House Public Relations Team: Direct Line
• Outstanding Small Public Relations Consultancy: Holistic
• Outstanding Mid-Sized Public Relations Consultancy: Stripe Communications
• Outstanding Large Public Relations Consultancy: Hotwire