AMEC 2016: Highlights from day one
Here are some of the highlights from day one of the AMEC International Summit 2016, including notes and comments from the speakers and the community.
- Jeremy Thompson, chairman at AMEC and managing director EMEA at Cision, started the morning by announcing that Richard Bagnall, CEO at Prime Research, is set to take over the reigns as new AMEC chairman.
- Visa Europe’s director of media and corporate affairs, Diane Scott, described how measurement got the attention of her senior management.
- Elayne Phillips, head of Civil Service comms and internal comms, describes why metrics are vital for her role and looking forward to the launch of a new Integrated Measurement Framework.
- Omar Mahmoud, chief of marketing knowledge, private fundraising and partnerships division at UNICEF, discussed how comms pros can use three football measurement lessons.
- Giles Peddy, group managing director at LEWIS PR describes why he wants to focus on outcomes, outtakes and business impact.
- Cleveland Clinic’s, director of communications Eileen Sheil, described how she protected her comms budget through measurement.
Top Tweets from day one:
‘We all need each other’ says @JeremyCThompson re PR agencies and evaluation companies working together. Completely agree #amecsummit
— Francis Ingham (@PRCAIngham) June 15, 2016
“Data and evidence are at the core of what my department does, so why should comms be any different?” @stevehardwick @HMRCgovuk #amecsummit
— H. C. Nordahl (@hcnordahl) June 15, 2016
Biggest #amecsummit yet! Nearly 300 Comm/measurement experts from around the world. pic.twitter.com/ARjsH2Vf4h
— Giles Peddy (@GilesPeddy) June 15, 2016
Less are using #AVE #amecsummit pic.twitter.com/Ju0s2iGhZG
— Cassandra Syms (@cassandradee) June 15, 2016